Monday, November 30, 2009

clearing messes


photo by shanquiao

Third week of October, I had a minor altercation with one of my managers regarding the MFC Bar which he was handling. At the time, I did not want to write about it because he was one of the few Korean Managers I had that I actually cared for. Well, that was until true colors were shown.

At the time, I decided in front of the two managers that I would be the one to directly handle the MFC Bar since I was there every night anyway. And the case laid to rest... for a day at least. The next day, after supposedly coming to his senses (or perhaps after being lambasted by his peers), he goes up to my office to both apologize and ask for the management of the bar. He said that it would be inappropriate of my position to directly handle the bar. So I gave in and handed the management of the bar back to him. Things of course were never the same again between the two of us.

Less than a week later, the Chairman decides to make us implement salary cuts and work schedule adjustments on ourselves and the employees due to the hard economic situation. One dilemma he had was the bar attendant's time and cut since we would need her to be there during operation hours. He asked me if he could instead give a commission on every bottle sold and I promptly said yes since it was a good idea and that the amount was up to him as long as it is reasonable. So he decides on a price of commission per bottle and told the bar attendant about it.

Yesterday afternoon, he calls me up and tells me that he has a problem with the commission because it was too big. I said, of course, because the amount was not reasonable because it was too big. So yesterday, he could not give the commission to the bar attendant because it was way bigger than her salary...

The math to it was very simple. What was apparent is that for more than a month, he did not even bother to review sales, compute for the projected commission and he made the bar attendant believe that she was getting this much amount as commission.

So last night, like my usual part of the job, I had to advance damage control measures to at least make my bar attendant feel that she was not robbed.

DUH...

No comments:

Almost a year :)