Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jam Nights @ the MFC Bar




I once told my boss that the best ever business there is would be liquor and cigarettes. No matter the state of the economy, the community and even your personal state of being, people in general will drink and smoke. Of course, I meant it jokingly with a dash of truth looking at myself.

We started the MFC bar as a subsidiary of our restaurant and it is now blossoming into something that might turn out a profit or two. The art department has redesigned the bar counters and we'll have a mini-kitchen soon hopefully. I had my studio equipment hauled down from my studio office upstairs and set-up a stage which is fairly decent by standards. Further enhancements are on the way that hopefully might not cost us much.

It keeps me busy these days and I am fairly happy hanging out in here. Of course, the clients aren't here yet. We've yet to promote the place. Last Saturday, I invited a band I knew from my Hooters days, ALAMAT, a strictly pinoy rock band to audition and jam at the MFC. My employees loved them and everyone was in agreement that I should give them a slot... I did.

So Alamat wil be playing at the MFC every other Thursdays starting this 19th of November.

That same night, Janis, an old friend of mine from my Nicotina days came over with her band and jammed till the wee hours of the morning. I wish that I am able to book them but there's like eight of them in the band and I am afraid that I could not afford them as of the moment.

No comments:

Almost a year :)