Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Flinched? .. Not at all

A friend of mine calls me up earlier and tells me to drop by the Cuneta Astrodome so that I may see his lighting and audio set-up inside. After the brief ocular inspection, I asked that we step out so that I could smoke. Immediately after stepping out, I saw a logo of someone’s name and I felt irritated knowing that that someone has committed himself to the Search for Amazing Philippine Beauties 2009 as a sponsor to the tune of Php100,000 and simply ran away from that commitment.

My friend said that the person was there and I could speak to him if I wished to. I called a staff of a prominent Congressman who organized the Mrs. Philippines Beauty Pageant as they have apparently also had a falling out with this group and they were bilked with about Php2M for the event. He said that they have already filed a complaint and that it will be featured on Monday at XXX in ABS-CBN.

I finished my cigarette, stepped in and found him sitting there with some people. We approached him and I shook his hand. He said hello and the usual pleasantries and told him about how we were never able to connect with his office for his commitment to sponsor our event.

Without flinching, he says “really?” when I knew that his office has valiantly and methodically avoided all communications with my office and his staff refuses to give the good doctor’ contact number. Okay, maybe he doesn’t know… the way I won’t know every transaction my office makes.

But then again, I vividly remembered that day when he signed the sponsorship contract. It was the day he brought his family and friends over for dinner at our restaurant and they all watched the Amazing Show… that was the day he signed the damn thing. That was immediately after he asked for a favor about utilizing some storage space at the MFC for his Yuchengco Art Exhibition.

Okay, he forgot…

So then I asked about the lady who introduced her to me. One of her staff and as it appears, one of his most trusted staff because she was the one who brought her over to my office. He candidly said that she was no longer connected with him.
I took it at that and simply walked away. Fascinated by the way people such as that could handle themselves despite knowing that they could’ve been part of something so wrong.

So I’m updating my blog from the bar and as I finished decided to surf for a friend’s name so that I can catch up to what he’s up to. Guess what? Since my friend is a prominent police officer, the first entry that appeared was about a case he handled last May involving one Flor Sacbibit charged with estafa. Binggo! --- She was his staff I was referring to earlier…

Okay, maybe he’s just as much as a con as she is… or did he just forget?

Events organizer tagged in P20-million investment scam
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=470045&publicationSubCategoryId=65

Isn’t this planet small?

So, I’ll just wait for Monday’s episode of XXX.

No comments:

Almost a year :)