Sunday, November 1, 2009

A prayer for the stressed

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill today because they got on my nerves.

Also help me to be careful of the toes I step on today as they may be connected to the feet I may have to kiss tomorrow.

Help me always to give 100% at work...

12% on Monday,

23%on Tuesday,

40% on Wednesday,

20% on Thursday, and

5% on Friday.

Help me to remember...

When I'm having a bad day and it seems that people are trying to wind me up, it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile and only four to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth!

source: http://www.bullyonline.org/successunlimited/humour/jokes.htm

Yesterday, I was supposed to have dinner with the Chairman so that I may scream my inner guts out to prevent him from making a fatal business decision. A part of my job that I consider myself inadequate. He however "forgot" maybe because I have already given a preview of the things that I wanted to talk about.

So instead of the dinner, I found myself eating shawarma with my key officers at the coffee shop while sipping my all time favorite bourbon. I only had two issues to discuss... the issue of Cebu salary cuts and the details of the Manila operations after the implementation of the new remedial salary scheme.

It became a long meeting despite the seemingly simple content of the discussion and I knew why. If my opinion cannot be recognized, then why should they think that theirs would be any different?

I guess we'll know by Tuesday.

No comments:

Almost a year :)