Friday, November 27, 2009

Mica Villarosa - Teardrops on my Guitar

As a father, there are some obligations that I'd need to attend to specially those involving school activities. When my daughter was younger, I was quite active in her school as part of the PTA but work soon overwhelmed my schedule so I had to content myself with the occasional attendance of some school functions.

But fact is, getting up early in the morning is really quite difficult for me. My daughter, my son and myself are all night persons and are most active in the night time. Maybe my daughter fancies herself as part of the twilight saga. So for bonding purposes and to set Mica towards a goal, I support her endeavor in her liking to music. I appreciate the fact that at least when I pass on, she'll be a happy owner of a home recording studio and ten guitars.

One time, we went to the memorial park where my parents have been laid to rest and we shot some scenes for this video. It was suppose to be another simple video but it turned into a mini production since Black Pipe offered that they back up my daughter on a live jam. Joey Pamiloza, Black Pipe's drummer wasn't around so i ended up playing the drums.

I was pretty awesome doing these things with my daughter. Not all fathers could say that they played in a band together with their daughters. I hope that my daughter finds it awesome too, playing with her Dad.

Here's the jam with Black Pipe. You'll have to excuse us as this was the first time we played this song and Mica's first time to play with a band.



And here's the finished music video of the same song.

No comments:

Almost a year :)