Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shawshank Redemption Revisited



Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.



No, this will not be a movie review... As I have always said, it is one of my most favorite film ever. And these days when everything seems grimmer than the usual, I eventually find things that will make me feel better. Watching Shawshank Redemption for the nth time simply made my day. (I would like to thank Jun Domingo for introducing this film to me in 1996)

As grim as I am, I have always identified myself with the main character played by Tim Robbins... an underdog that eventually finds redemption in the end. Unfortunately, life is a circle of incarceration and redemption. Over and over and over and over... and that's the way it is supposed to be.

After revisiting the film, I am reminded that another cycle has simply begun again and that eventual redemption will soon (I hope) will be at hand. That the world was not meant to be fair... and therefore WTF am I complaining about?

There are more things that I should be more thankful for anyway.

No comments:

Almost a year :)