Monday, January 12, 2009

A NEW TOY!

Finally, with much begging, my wife finally gives in and decides to give me a substantial-enough holiday gift after years of the usual golf shirt, shoes and small blings. it's the yamaha dd65, a drum kit which i intend to use as a more expressive source of music direct to a hard disk recording set up. of course the main studio is already wired for it but most of the time i work alone and the need to have an audio engineer to work with in the control room simply isn't always feasible. we decided to try it our live to check the sound quality of the box and it fared pretty well. eugene barona did the bass while gil montano was on the dd65... i let them listen to vertical horizon's you're a god and we played it for the demo. my wife took the video.

Anyway, my main office studio set up is almost finally done. I've also recently purchased a samson C03 condenser microphone which works well in the main studio with the berringer mixer but i unortunately still need to buy a phantom power supply for it to work with my small fostex mixer.

This is the current desktop set-up intended for music arranging, composition and video editing. I'll soon be making a new company theme music and a matching music video as soon as i organize the band together.




the YAMAHA DD65

you're a god (vertical horizon impromptu cover jam)

No comments:

Almost a year :)