Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the sunset of my life






A long time ago, I named my home studio label "sunset records limited" and people always ask me why I would name a label "sunset". I always say that the sunset is more meaningful for me compared to sunrise. That's because I rarely see the sunrise because I would have just slept at the time as well as the fact that I enjoy watching the sun go down with all that beautiful transformation from light to dark... I guess that I would want my death as dramatic and as colorful as a beautiful sunset.

There was another logic to naming my label sunset... I wanted to give musicians, much like myself an opportunity to record their music. Specially those who were never given a break in life or the opportunity to record their songs.

When I transferred into this new office, my Boss did not like the idea. Actually, I was saving the transfer for the day I become President. But since that is impossible, I decided to go ahead and transfer on my own as well as the fact that Senate seems to be salivating to occupy this building soon.

Anyway, the most I love about this office, which doubles as my recording studio is the sunset view I enjoy. Every dusk is a marvel as I peer out into Manila Bay.

That's why despite suffering from my diabetic frozen shoulder, I took these pictures and decided that this magnificent sunset should be memorialized through a Joe Jackson song I've been wanting to cover. My window looked like a painting and it was wonderful. And like a magic pill, all my bad ailments for the day went away.

No comments:

Almost a year :)