Friday, June 25, 2010

이제.. 나는 알 것 같다... (now i understand...)


our office in Cebu



picture taken from the plane on final approach

I never thought that in my 40's, I'd still be bickering and bitchin' about my sad sorry life. But I guess that this process of bickering and bitchin' is something that won't end no matter what state of life one is in.

The moment I arrived, I got the rants from my manager about what the things happening here. Most of the stories were really funny and she reported well in a casual manner and I understood well her predicaments. I am also quite happy that my managers are making a conscious effort to lighten the atmosphere when they report their issues.

The main issue of course is the decision to bring back to Manila one of the managers here to which I have already contested. Appeal after appeal, we were just advised to stand down and trust the decision. No clear cut reason was made, only abstracts...

On the drive to the office, I pushed my luck one more time to ask my Boss about his decision and the possibility that we put the decision on hold given the circumstances; e.g. the fact that there wouldn't be any available replacement yet and that would mean that the branch would run with only one manager,etc...

So finally, he explains to me why such was his decision in the first place... and I understood! He made sense and his words were clear... but I also felt that those words were meant for me, as if he was describing why I am in a state of limbo at the moment...

Time and again, despite our differences... his wisdom is still certain. And that is why despite every rant I mutter, every gripe I profess, I still respect him. Simply because he has been both a father and a wise man to me.

And like the prodigal son that I am, he grants me one more break...

Enough said...

No comments:

Almost a year :)