Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Raising Miro






Miro, my youngest, is now 5 and turning six this year. He has grown to be a "too" healthy kid, overweight and loves to eat. There isn't a time where I don't debate with my wife about the risk that we are putting him through as if we've not learned from our parenting experience with Mica, my eldest.

I jokingly told her that our kids are not part of her farm (farm ville) that needs fattening up, as they are not livestock that will be slaughtered anytime soon. But that's not the only problem. My wife has this tendency to over-spoil her children to the point that they become too "comfortable", something that we were not as kids.

I guess that a father rarely wins in an argument with regards to raising kids. We will just have to do what needs to be be done when the need arises. And that is what I do these days... I don't argue. Besides, there isn't anyone who can't be fixed when we really want to.

No comments:

Almost a year :)