Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Benson

When I was younger, I loved pets but hated the responsibility that came with it. Of course, on the very fortunate side, my father loved them and loved taking care of them. There was a time when we had about fourteen cats until we got a cat I named Satur who became the alpha male of the entire block and he drove every cat away within a 2-kilometer radius. That cat was lovable in a macho kind of way and he stayed with us until my Father's death and a week later also passed away.

Prior to Satur, we also had two American Mongrels that I later sold for a measly sum of Php400 to start my t-shirt printing business. That money went a long way as my business thrived for more than two years until the Binondo businessmen killed the industry in my town.

After I married, my wife was not exactly that keen on pets so we never really had the opportunity to take pets into the house.

Almost two weeks ago, my Security Officer informed me that one maintenance personnel chanced upon a python in the grassy area behind the building so I told him that I would be keeping it for a pet.

The python already took a bite at one of my staff so they had to tape its mouth and I had to carry it around for two days so that he'd get used to my scent. And I named him Benson after a tv sitcom character in the 80's and I've been carrying him around since.




my godson Kyo and myself with Benson at the company Christmas Party

No comments:

Almost a year :)