Friday, October 9, 2009

nights at the MFC

This afternoon, I made a general company call to allow myself in expressing gratitude to all the employees for their valiant efforts and patience in bearing with the hard times, as well as a reminder that times like these, we should all work together until this storm is weathered.

The fate of this company is unknown... it is something too difficult to predict or should I say, too stubborn to wither away. As of this writing, I heard the music stop from the theatre, and it tells me that we wil not have a second show.... AGAIN.

Last night, we broke an eight year record. We had to cancel the first show because there were no guests. The second show was slated for a familiarization tour organized by the Department of Tourism for the Russian market and that meant that we did not earn a single centavo last night.

This afternoon, an employee asked about the Senate's plan to take the MFC away from us and I said that it would not be practical to fight our own government on the matter and therefore we could not do anything for now but wait.

I simply reminded the employees today that we should as much as we can enjoy what we have and that this family is here to stay, for better or worse...

So here are some pictures taken the night before my driver's birthday at the MFC Bar where we all usually hang out. Moments like these are to be cherished because when the worse comes, we might not be this happy soon enough.





No comments:

Almost a year :)