Friday, October 2, 2009

Good Luck, Dhalia!





My former secretary's name is Dhalia, the word "bubbly" is an understatement when it comes to describing her personality. Late last year, in an interview, I noticed her name is foreign sounding so I asked if her father had foreign blood. Without batting an eyelash, she quipped, "but Sir, you know my father..., did you not notice that he is half German and half Shepperd?". laughter broke out in my office and she was hired the same day.

Like most of my former secretaries, she was powerful, sometimes more than I, but she was also charming. I once heard her tell a maintenance personnel, "Hoy, kung ayaw mong masaktan, pumunta ka sa itaas na office ni sir cas at linisin mo ang cr." (Hey, if you dont want to get hurt, then go to sir cas' upstairs office and clean the comfort room"), of course, it was a joke but it was indeed hilarious how she carried her weight around.

A month ago, she submitted her resignation letter and she was in tears. She will go back to complete her schooling and I was very pleased of the reason behind her quitting. It is a worthier cost compared to taking care of me.

So to you Dhalia, may success come your way! Best of Luck!

No comments:

Almost a year :)