Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Why I even bother…



There are some things in life that advertently reflects on the amount of perseverance a person has over the desire to come to a conclusive point of harmony. My former boss always speaks of that beautiful word “harmony”. Ah… that magical word that surmises the relationship between life and a certain state that we may perhaps call happiness. That delicate balance between people and the world around them… an equilibrium of some sorts where a conformed co-existence allows one to both give and take…

So what the fuck am I really taking about…?

Simple case in point; one, it does not exist. No matter the amount of argument based on reason, fact is that harmony only exists because a certain amount of effort is put into the achievement of such state. Therefore, that amount of effort is tantamount to “work” and is therefore concluded as part of your daily stream of just coping.

I believe that real harmony is effortless. Of course that sounds utopian and will be dismissed by many as a whimsical cry from beyond what is achievable so allow me rephrase my earlier statement… I believe that harmony could be achieved with a sensible amount of effort. Sensibility therefore is dictated by an individual’s capacity to judge what is sensible and what is not. In my case, I would like to limit my parameters to what I may judge as “tolerable”. I’ve mentioned in the past that my threshold for pain and suffering is slightly higher than the average… but it does not mean that it is constant. There are good days and there are bad… same applies to all.

So why do I even bother writing something as whimsical and utterly useless a piece of crap as this scribble? It is because this is perhaps the point in my life where I question why I even bother making an effort to achieve harmony in some parts of my life when the effort always turns out to be an exercise in futility...

excerpts from what i wrote november 10, 2008 ... just wanted to record what was on my mind

No comments:

Almost a year :)