Saturday, February 28, 2009

alliance





I had a drinking session with friends that lasted ‘til the wee hours of the morning and I had around a couple or less hours of sleep. Unfortunately, I had a pre-scheduled travel to Bulacan for our induction into a Travel Industry Association we joined with. It was a grueling travel considering that my car isn’t exactly a very comfortable place to take a nap in… How I miss the Hyundai Grandeur’s reclining back seat. Anyway, we left the house around seven thirty, picked up my executive director in Quezon City, took the usual stop at a Starbucks and arrived in San Rafael quarter past ten… and then we waited… waited…

And we finally started the program five past one. We were inducted before three and I met a lot of interesting personalities. Bubbly and not so bubbly Account Executives, General Managers, Travel Agency owners…

And now I’m looking forward to next month’s general assembly where we can present our company profile and the show to the association members.

As the program went on, my ever enthusiastic executive director bubbled out her fascination with such associations and how individuals and businesses have benefitted from the amount of network available in such gatherings. Sad to say, I lamented, it took us a while to realize the importance of alliances and how mutual relationships might have given us stability earlier into the game before this crisis hit. I also mentioned that negative circumstances such as the situation where we are in now is but a “blessing in disguise” for us, as it will force us to rethink our position within the industry.

With that said, I am hoping that things will turn out for the better… for the sake of those who has stayed on-board in the belief that time rewards those who are loyal, patience is a virtue and hard work will earn them their benefits.

Question… are blessings always in disguise?

No comments:

Almost a year :)