Saturday, February 14, 2009

another one day trip



I wasn't really that enthusiastic about this trip the Chairman scheduled for Cebu. In the first place, the root cause of the trip was the same problem I earlier blogged about that almost cost one of the managers his livelihood. And since I had marketing activities scheduled for the latter part of the week, I felt that I did not have the energy to spend a night in Cebu. But as the Chairman puts it, my presence is supposedly important to facilitate a better discussion over some issues in the branch. And for that, he made me promise to everyone that I would make myself available for a couple of days every month for a branch visit and bonding session.

I must admit that I did miss the people there since I use to spend a lot of time in the branch and i did have to explain the state of affairs of the company to the Cebu-based employees. So these days, I will be looking forward to my Cebu trips... bonding and drinking sessions with the staff and a slow re-incorporation of the branch into the mainstream corporate culture of the company.

No comments:

Almost a year :)