Sunday, February 15, 2009

Video Capture Pictures

the video caps from Pasig Bistro's Jam



I like video captures since it gives me that picture that would otherwise be difficult to capture in a still camera, although the resolution sucks, well it's much like my music's resolution so everything is well matched.



long time friend and fellow musician Jun San Pedro is ageless as far as playing the guitar is concerned. He is a partner in Pasig Bistro and takes care of the band line up for the club as well as plays awesome guitar for the Black Boys.

I met Jun SP through our Marginals keyboardist Tony Robles and he was the one who introduced me to Jun Domingo. We formed a jam group named Roadhouse, a Saturday jam and drink session group where I played drums. We eventually took to the road for a short while and eventually split up.

Jun and I played a gig with only the two of us in 2001 at the time when I was midi crazy which allowed us to experiment with computers and the advantages that the new tech allowed us. Prior to this, Jun invited me to be part of Nueve de Sais, a group managed by Heber Bartolome and was lined with some of the most talented players in the industry like the late Flor Mendoza (drummer for the Jerks), Gerry Torre, a damn good saxophonist or any instrument that runs on air for that matter, famed Nosi Balasi composer Henry Cabatingo on bass, Jun SP on guitars while I did the shouting and the lousy guitar parts.


I consider myself lucky that I've not made a career out of music, meaning that I don't rely on it for my needs. That basically means that I have more freedom to play what I want and play when I want, or when my schedule allows...


bass guitarist Ding Salvador used to play with Emil Sanglay of PENPEN fame and I met him through Jun San Pedro. On the other hand, I've known drummer Aji Adriano since the late 80's. A percussion teacher at Yamaha School of Music for twelve years and drummer for WUDS. We used to see each other when our bands would perform together at the old Club Dredd, Scout Tobias in QC formerly known as Red Rocks or at Mayric's Folk House along EspaƱa Street in Manila plus some out of town gigs

No comments:

Almost a year :)