Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The 96th Pasig Catholic College Foundation Day and Alumni Homecoming

It was finally concluded last Saturday, the preparation that lasted for what seemed like a very long time. Batch President Vic Sanchez did a very good job as well as the most active of the lot of my batch mates like E, Froilan, Sandi, Josel, Dennis, Mon, to name a few.

Apparently, we’ve broken attendance records. A hundred cases of beer disappeared after about two hours of drinking and the stocks had to be replenished. I had a blast playing with Black Pipe onstage and we did a fairly good set except for the usual onstage “participation” of uninvited singer wannabes which really crapped us out of a decent set… but it was still fun and funny.

I screwed up on some of the lyrics mainly because I was quite distracted by what was going on around but I think no one minds.

Aside from an earlier incident where one of the bands who came late cuts in line to play the first set, everything was okay. Anyway, I had a blast screwing them up by cutting their monitors… geezz, younger people should be taught respect the traditional way. If I did not consider that I was part of the host batch, I would have bashed that faggot manager’s head with my Washburn… but then again, my Washburn guitar is of greater value than that jack ass’ head.

Anyway, the incident almost ruined my night and I’m just glad it didn’t stir up anything bad between Vic and me. I suppose that the incident actually made me perform better that night.

The best part of course was seeing your batch mates and former classmates most of whom I’ve not seen for the last 25 years. I’ll have to ask some people to send me photos of the event since my crew only recorded the gig part as we did not have any spare batteries for the cams. I suppose that arranging for a get together would be easier now given that people won’t be paranoid anymore of possible additional responsibilities.

Congratulations to Kumbento Boys Batch ’84! It was one hell of a homecoming!


stories from batch president vic sanches after the conclusion of the event


batch '84 singing to "born to be wild" with casie villarosa and Black Pipe on stage


batch picture with the stage as background


concluding prayers


laughing it up after all the stressful preparations... it's finally over



the stage being prepped earlier in the day

(pictures courtesy of Ferdie Mejia)

No comments:

Almost a year :)