Thursday, April 26, 2007

these things i miss...

Here's a list of things I so dearly miss...

  • writing poetry under the shade of a mango tree... which unfortunately is not there anymore because "Milenyo" tore it to shreds.
  • writing lyrics for my songs in cigarette packaging riding public utility in the middle of rush hour traffic
  • jamming with Jun Domingo, Jun San Pedro and Tony Robles (that means pounding away at the drum set until Jun SP runs out of scales and scale variations to play which meant a hefty work out)
  • watching the rain from a bedroom window
  • riding my motorcycle at 2 pm from Quezon City to DasmariƱas, Cavite and appreciate 160 kph
  • figuring out what the hell my band mates are arguing about (chords that I have never heard of my entire life)
  • working ala-chain gang style with Joey, Kuya Jake, Diko Francis, and Sangkong Mando, removing debris, grasses, and unwanted plants in our aunt's garden
  • playing on stage
  • cleaning a guitar... every square inch of it
  • knowing all the names and details of every employee of this company
  • getting my hands dirty fixing a motorcycle
  • asking how much a bottle of beer costs and computing in my head how many I could afford
  • my entire salary (I usually spend it before I earn it)
  • talking to a friend about nothing at all
  • daydreaming

lookin' like this!

No comments:

Almost a year :)