Friday, March 26, 2010

Happiness is...

A State of mind



It is! And despite all the shit around me and my problems, I seem happier these days. Of course, it doesn't reflect as much on the outside. I still carry myself fairly morbid outside my office.

Time alone is something that I have missed for quite some time. Lately, I've had a lot of that and it gives me time for working on things I like doing, as well as time for some reflective thinking.

The other night, I wasn't able to go home because they were fixing the road in front of my house and that meant I couldn't park the car inside so I decided to stay in the office. That was the first time I went overnight in my new office and it was as creepy as hell because the sounds were almost psychologically intolerable... So I waited until daybreak before I closed my eyes and finally went to sleep and in the process finished Alamat's "Bisyo" background video.

I remember one article where Senator Miriam Santiago told the press that she'd be willing to spend the night at the Manila Film Center to commune with the ghosts. I'd be willing to prepare a bed for her... but then again, given her reputation and personality, she could actually drive all the ghosts away.

Of course, I'd much rather wish she'd kept her word about plunging from a chopper during President Estrada's ouster. (joke)

Anyway, that was quite a night and I felt that I sort of missed overnight stays at the MFC.

Today, I'm flying to Cebu for business and will be back tomorrow. By evening time tomorrow, I'd be wrapping up the missing shoots for the "Bisyo" video with Alamat. I'm looking forward to it.

Happiness?

Well, I don't know. But somewhere in my heart, there is a certain amount of contentment and complacency. I wouldn't want to dwell in it because contentment and complacency is the enemy of improvement. I'd just cherish the feeling for now...

No comments:

Almost a year :)