Thursday, August 6, 2009

the MFC bar experiment



Truth is, we're pretty short on resources these days that things get harder to be done, so we strive on experiments and make-do tactics for our survival. The MFC bar is one such experiment... a cozy drinking place at the Manila Film Center where one can relax and unwind after a day's work.

I had most of my stuff brought down from my studio so that we'll some provision for music. I got some old stuff from other places in the building to complete what we needed like the display stands that now act as the bar area. The tables and chairs are from the restaurant we use to operate in Kalibo.

My marketing consultant asked for four parasols from mild seven, additional signage from San Miguel including glasses, ashtrays, etc.

If it catches on, then maybe we'll spend some real money developing the concept.



(upper right) my driver posing at the "temporary" bar, (lower right) my secretary and my security officer at the barbecue cook stand, (lower left) with some Korean colleagues and acquaintances, (upper left) the half completed signage of Amazing Show.



Here is my interpretation of what the bar should look like in a couple of weeks...

No comments:

Almost a year :)