Friday, August 7, 2009

A day in my life…



I started the day today miserably with a phone call from my executive director informing me about a miscommunication issue that happened between a test product we were suppose to put in the coffee shop. I kind of sensed that the rest of the day would be rather bad for me. I was on the phone all the way to the office to settle some issues and iron out the miscommunication bit and as I approached the entrance of the building, I had a big grin on my face seeing that the signage has finally been completed after the longest wait. I settled in and waited or my staff to explain the mini fiasco that made us appear foolish earlier.

So we finally had the chance to discuss matters and clear expectations with regards to our clear and present dangerous situation. We have a non-scheduled major rehabilitation project on our electricity lines that’ll cost us Php3.8M, we have an impending problem with the sound system that would set us back about Php130,000 and of course the everyday problem of keeping the inside of this building dry.

Given the situation, I decided to take the guys out on an impromptu inspection of a place I saw earlier last month so that we can check the financial and practical viability of a move-out. Of course, the final decision will have to be made with much consideration. On my part, most especially because I have an emotional attachment to this building as this represents mostly blood, sweat, tears and a tub-full of patience.

By night fall, my marketing consultant comes in with four sets of product samples all of which are sweets and has that potentially lethal effect on me. But we had to do some pastry, brownie, cup cake and cake tasting to determine which of the four companies we can accommodate into the building. I ended up downing two tablets of my maintenance drug and a terrible back of the head and nape pain to boot which I had to shake off by perspiring in screen golf.

If I wasn't diabetic, the pastry, cake and sweets part would have been a great part of the day.

No comments:

Almost a year :)