Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the bet!







I made a bet with the Art Department a month ago that I'd treat them to drinking if they would finish the amazing show signage that I ordered them to complete and mount. The same signage that took my executives a zillion years to decide on simply because they were thinking of having it made by professional signage companies. Of course, that meant spending an arm and a leg so the project went on to become unaccomplished for a long time.

I was in outdoor advertising my early years as a poor struggling musician and teacher and I was taught by one of the best in the industry... Petronillo N. Pepito, Sr. or Mang Pete. I was his apprentice of a kind helping me make ends meet during my time of depression.

The problem was that in making these decisions over the signage, I found the amount to be spent ludicrous given what I know. And as a company, we've been spending more than what has to be spent because we always undermine the capacity of our employees... or perhaps because it was easier to have it done by people outside. And since I did find it silly to spend and given that there was nothing to spend, I decided to have it done in-house... and alas, we spent about a tenth of what we were suppose to.

Most important, I had a blast reliving my past occupation for a day.

No comments:

Almost a year :)