Sunday, March 15, 2009

well, i was...


We had a scheduled fun run for the celebration yesterday of the Filipino-Korean Friendship Day so that meant that most everyone would be sleeping over at the office Friday night. Earlier that day, I played golf with my son Kyo in Club Intramuros. We weren’t able to take my car because my wife used it to bring my mother-in-law to the hospital so we had to use his beamer. Took a very late lunch and went back to the office.

That night I prepared a small pajama party for the employees with their preferred drink, red horse consumed Pinoy style “tagay”. We downed a lot of it while watching my recently released dvd and the December Miss Gay Lotto video which I partially sponsored. A lot of shop talk and a lot of stupid jokes and it was really very enjoyable. By the time the drink kicked in it was a little after three and they continued drinking downstairs.

What made me really happy that day was the fact that so much “talent” was in the same room. My stage manager has exhibited that he is now capable of directing an event in a semi-big scale proportion. Who knows, he might be ready to take on a branch if ever we decide to make one.

This was much like my experience in Cebu were I started playing the old files of the original Amazing Show most of the sequences of which are now obsolete but the performers still remembered the steps, the blockings and the choreography. And it was really flattering least to say that these people loves their work so much.

Those were my most recent happy moments. I was shaken out my slumber by my secretary and driver for the run… I could barely breathe and I wanted the event to finish as soon as possible. Drinking the night before was a bad idea… actually not. And I later learned that two of my favorite performers had a go at it by engaging on a fight downstairs with somebody having a mark after being hit with a wooden sword we use as a prop. So I spent the better half of the day investigating what happened and who was at fault. Well, like I always say, my performers only fight about two things… casting and boy toys.

I was called in by the Chairman to discuss marketing issues and the possibility of making another business to support this brontosaurus company given that we are vey much affected by the crisis so that got me excited thinking that I’ll probably need to stir my brain cells once again for this one.

Later I had dinner with two friends from the bureau and played nine holes of screen golf and later the night had to drop of at Undersecretary Gil’s birthday party. I had to excuse myself early since I was dying to lie on my bed and get some decent sleep.

It was a full long day… and it made me happy.

No comments:

Almost a year :)