Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the BUG...



I’ve been pissed of these past couple of days since I can’t find reason as to why I’m supposed to get the “unnecessary” stress I get from a lot of people. Like I’ve always said, sometimes we take it upon ourselves to take the planet too serious when the planet doesn’t give a rants ass about us.

When I was in my early thirties, as I’ve mentioned in this blogspot so often, I gripe like there was no tomorrow. These days, I try my best to control the rants and the gripes so that my body won’t be taking in too much of the bad vibes I’ve been getting lately. In a way, it’s like therapy to cleanse out all the “bad” things that I’ve been through.

So here’s my problem… when I hire somebody, the main reason for hiring is to make life easier for me and the company. That means that I expect that problems will be resolved and all the knots be ironed out. It’s much like I hired a driver despite my love of driving, I hired one to make sure that I remain safe since I’m usually out late every night or still sleepy on my way to work. I hired a secretary for the convenience, both professional and personal. I can’t remember when to take my diabetic medication so she’ll have to virtually shove it down my throat in the middle of a meal, assuming I remember taking meals too.

Lately, my consultant has been bugging my brains out about marketing activities and I always say, well that’s your job. I already previously explained my dilemma in this office and the eccentricities plus the queer situation we’re in to her so I expect that she would be the one to partially solve the issues I have.

So I don’t know why she has to bug me every time! Once in a meeting with another probable consultant, she keeps talking about what the protocol lacks, what the office needs, what should be this and that and I am honestly getting sick and tired of it. if I didn’t know that I have these problems then I wouldn’t have needed to hire her.

And tones like, I just asked them to cascade something to you. But I bet you don’t know what it’s about so I’ll have to explain it you all over again…

Damn! That’s why I HIRED you… I bet you don’t know any single thing about guitars, keyboards, percussion instruments right? How about video and music editing? How about the technical side of the theatre?... the lights, the sound system? How about people management….? Oh, I’m sorry; I meant “good” people management. It’s a good thing I won’t have to explain all of these things to you.

Like I said… I hire people to make life convenient. Not the other way around. It’s time that people put their money where their mouth is. If they are good, stop talking and start working. That’s why I got my main office on the 4th floor, because there are times when I cherish the isolation, the peace, the calm and the view of the bay.


P.S. My Tatay (father) would have been 78 today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TATAY! I LOVE YOU VERY, VERY MUCH. I’ll see you and Nanay soon. But not that soon I hope… I'll just visit tomorrow before my flight to Cebu.

Another P.S. I do appreciate my consultant’s contribution to the team, but for goodness sake, if I wanted to hear every bit of problem the world has, then I should have just been a psychiatrist.

No comments:

Almost a year :)