Monday, December 24, 2007

My Christmas Gift


The greatest Christmas gift I have ever received was delivered the day I left for Cebu. I went to cebu the other day, December 22, so that I, together with my Hejangnim and Sajangnim could celebrate with the Cebu branch their Christmas Party. Prior to the trip, an arrangement was made that the new ride I was going to get would not be registered under the company name but instead would be mine.
It was a Christmas gift from the wife of the Chairman... a personal gift. It would have been the first time that I would receive a gift as expensive and as extravagant as this. It was a Black Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4, and it arrived in my office about the same time that I was landing in Cebu. My driver reported that it has arrived and that it was a sight to behold... dual transmission system and other cool stuff. I was excited to go back to Manila so that I may have the pleasure of sitting on my new ride and once again thank our first lady for the most generous gift amounting to Php1.3M.

The Cebu Christmas party was a success... we had fun, we had drinks and we had a blast with everyone. The drinking ended around 3am and I went back to my room at our resort. I called my friend to order for me some Korean noodles so that I may pig out before going to bed.... and I fell into a slumber...

10 am, the phone was ringing off the hook and I was thinking that it was too early for a wake up call. It was my President who said that I should call my security officer because something may have happened to my new car...

I can't write about it in detail.... because I'll get pissed off all over again (I have to drive later and bring my family to my in-laws)... all I can say is... I never even got to sit in my car. By 4:25 pm, I was standing beside a ball of crumpled metal... or what was left of what is supposed to be a 2008 Black Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4 car...

A company driver has taken it for a test drive,.. and it went flying, or more accurately according to witnesses on a triple somersault and crashed on the opposite lane onto a solid concrete block that held the macapagal bridge... Php1.3M gone in less than 18 hours...

haaaayyy... at least I know that Hyundai cars are passenger-safe for no one was seriously hurt or injured... the air bags work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good reflection casie, you gave more importance on the people more than the gift you received. Indeed you have manifested the person of Jesus, a person of others. Cge lang marami ka pang ma receive na mas maganda pa sa mga bagay na mayron pa ngayon correct if im wrong. God bless and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Very good reflection casie, you gave more importance on the people than the gift you received. Indeed you have personified Jesus in urself, a person of others. Cge lang marami ka pang ma receive na mas maganda, importante pa sa mga bagay na mayron ka ngayon, correct me if im wrong. Advance happy new year

Almost a year :)