Monday, December 17, 2007

Finally.. a resting place for my songs


I wish that I could personally thank the person who inspired me or more accurately prodded me to start blogging... now that I am hooked, discovering internet services has delighted me no end. When i started this blogspot, I said that I was in a hurry in life because I knew that it would be a short one. Now, utilizing the internet has seemingly took over a third of my life.

Very recently, the only way I knew how to keep my files immortal was with youtube. The problem is that making a video isn't really that easy. If I was a full-time artist then that would be great. I am already fortunate that my job allows me to do the things that I like and I appreciate it. The problem with hard disk technology is the constant reminder that if the systems breaks down, the risk of losing your life's work is almost inevitable. I've spent time and resources to recover, retrieve and digitize from analogue format old gigs from younger days, recordings my band did a long time ago and a lot of stuff like pictures and mementos. Just so that one day, when I'm sitting on a wheelchair or something or dying on a bed somewhere or passed out drunk (hehehe), then i'd be remembered. Maybe...

So a week ago, I stumbled upon a site that hosted mp3s of artists and I felt relieved. I recently added the links to this blogspot, now I have a permanent safe storage for my songs... bless the www!

No comments:

Almost a year :)