Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Finland...

I took part of a Master's Programme at the University of Turku in Finland in 1997 with fellow De La Salle lecturer Jimmy Jimenez. It was a most enjoyable and well fulfilled trip. Sometimes, I wish that I could go back there and just chill with the warm friends I have had the chance to meet there...
some of the pictures...

the brick wall...
my room...
going to class...
sight seeing... one of the former Russian Czar's winter castles...
chillin' under the sun with Jimmy...
at the local firing range and riding my bike
brrrrrr.....


But what I miss most is hanging around and playing in Three Beers' Bar owned and operated by JP Tyni... a most generous man and a good friend. We'd spend nights there and drink up to the morning hours. That's where we met good friends as well like Pekka and Janni who were so generous and hospitable as well. They were the people who made the coldness of the climate warm enough for us to have loved our stay there. Thank you guys... when I am rich enough, I'll return the favor. I hope that would be soon.

myself with jimmy and janni
jamming at Three Beers billiards with Pekka and Janni

the send off team before we went to the airport

No comments:

Almost a year :)