Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Field Trip




Yesterday, we had some sort of a field trip to check out Nayong Pilipino, where I used to take my kid for bike rides. The idea behind the trip is to look at its present state and the amount of decay it has suffered over the long period of neglect.
There isn't much we know of the place, except that the three of us (the Chairman, the President and myself) has seen it and been there at one time or another. And we all have memories of the place being "beautiful".

I took the liberty of taking some pictures of Nayong Pilipino from the Internet so that I may compare the pictures that we've taken yesterday.
At present, Nayong Pilipino now looks barren and abandoned and we all felt that it was such a waste having something like Nayong Pilipino neglected. I guess that it was the very same feeling we had the first time we saw the Manila Film Center five years ago... I wish that government would do something about it... I wish that some investor would come in and intervene in the demise of the place.

Before pictures (taken from the Internet)


Present pictures




Almost a year :)