Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mica's Music Workstation

A day after taking her entrance exam at De La Salle University, I finally got into setting up my daughter's music workstation at the house. What was formally the Basement Recording Studio, the space has been transformed into a work area my wife and I shared since I have taken all of my music related equipment to work.

Over the years, with Mica developing a fondness for music and her acquisition of several instruments as well as composing two original songs, I think that it is time she properly learns to do things by herself. So I found it befitting that she inherits the original gear her father started with in 1996 - Except that she won't have to go through the analogue realm anymore.

Since she has her own notebook, we decided to patch the old trusty Fostex X-18 into her Neo, patch a Yamaha keyboard synth into the fostex, and you have a simple personal home recording studio where she could lay down tracks for the music she wants to write... Damn, these kids are lucky!





unlike when I started, Mica will enjoy a full digital recording set up with dual monitors to boot. She will however need to save up for the other missing things such as decent cables for her guitars and a somewhat nice starter's microphone.


P.S. I started cleaning the room Sunday evening and ended up in the basement with Mica so that the small space could accommodate her new gear. It's not exactly easy living with two girls, they have a lot of blings which they wouldn't want to throw out... considering my wife is a hoarder just like her mom. In the process I found out that she still kept the pregnancy test kits of my kids as a souvenir. (Damn, can you imagine a 17 and a 7 - year old urine sample lying around the house all these years?) We threw out a lot of stuff including old pc monitors, a television set - which my maid asked for, old books, a bunch of old documents and half a compartment load of blings... and we're still not done.

No comments:

Almost a year :)