Tuesday, May 18, 2010

left for dead...



The other night, seven of us went out to see shows so that we may check out the “show” scene in the Metro. We didn’t finish the presentations, we caught just the beginnings of each show and left early only feeling in the vibe of what they were.

The night was supposed to end with a renewed desire to make the Amazing Show better… well at least that was the idea. I doubled back to the office to change cars and found one of my managers at the bar alone… drinking his heart out. I joined him and asked what the matter was. I had a long conversation with him about how things are and how they ought to be and the difference between the two.

I understand his feelings because he is going through what I went through and still going through. Fortunately, these days I’d much rather not be emotional about my career, otherwise, I’d just freak out even more. I am however happy that people are still emotional about shop and that means we can still move forward.

Much like what he feels, I have been left for dead many times… and I have survived… one way or the other. He will too, I am quite sure inside this company or out, and so will I. The challenges that lay ahead are but the same that we’ve passed through over the nine years in this company. The same as what I’ve been through my own life… and it goes on and on and on… otherwise, life would be boring.

No comments:

Almost a year :)