Sunday, April 25, 2010

no pain, no gain...

Ever since we've decided that we'd be putting up a crude gym for the employees, my lighting director has been prodding me to work out with them but I always end up making excuses about my schedule. Of course, the guys where consistent in dropping by my office almost everyday and asking if I was ready to work out.

Finally, I ran out of excuses and gave in. There actually is no reason that I shouldn't work out with them. Hell, I'm way out of shape these days... besides, it wouldn't even be inconvenient for me. I have work out clothes in the office since I can remember (in case I needed to), a shower room, plus I can take advantage of facilities that I used to pay for including free instruction.

But I must say, that it all hurts... physically. I have been in constant pain since Wednesday when I started. My body begs for mercy, taking a bath is a major painful chore, taking on and off my clothes feels like my muscles (and fats) are all twisted up from the insides...

Last Friday, as I walked down the stairs, they were all in smiles knowing that after the leg workout that day, going down would be agonizing... but guess what? Today is my rest day after four consecutive days in the gym. After I post this, I'd go there alone... and workout.




... so some duties will have to be performed in the gym as well, like awarding an employee his five year cash incentive and certificate




this is one serious guy... Gerald Prinsipe


clockwise from top left; Gerald, Ian, myself and Gil testing my alpha230's shutter speed


Ian getting some assistance from John and Gerald


Gil's schedule is screwed up since he took me on as a student




my secretary using an equipment to relax...


the pain... the pain...


they said the pain would only last a week... i sure as hell hope so

photography by dahlia league. gil montano, eugene baroƱa and casie villarosa

No comments:

Almost a year :)