Thursday, July 16, 2009

A No Brainer...



After having been away from the office for five days, I was greeted by one of them "no brainer" case where two of our employees had tangled themselves into something which I honestly think is a substantial reason for their wives and family members to nag them to oblivion.

Earlier this week, I was given a heads up by my security officer about an employee timing in another employee... a company rule and regulation violation with a sanction of dismissal with just cause. The more senior of the employee ordered our gardener to time him in in his absence. This case snow-balled into a full blown investigation revealing that it has happened in the past and the offense being habitual.

When called upon, they could not say anything in their defense. And despite the fact that in my melancholic state I was not in the mood to fire anyone given the present economic circumstance, the action to be taken is obvious... Just follow the book.

No comments:

Almost a year :)