Sunday, May 18, 2008

my new office... again



so, part of the reason why i wasn't able to blog for the longest time was that I've just moved into my new office... again!!!

after I've settled into my former office for the last four and a half years in my stay in this company, well... I've grown attached to it and that was perhaps the problem I've had with the concept of moving out.

so when the chairman and the president was kind of like coercing me to move in together with the other admin people to a new location where I'd stay in a 3X5m jail cell dimensioned room, i refused and decided to temporarily take shelter in the band rehearsal room bringing with me all the stuff I'd accumulated over the last seven years.

most of my stuff stayed in boxes awaiting their new home. so i finally moved into this new office when i was once again told that everything was ready. IT WASN'T! The floor tiles were in terrible shape, the air conditioning was installed but not yet powered, there were no shelves for my stuff, no water (up to this day), and no electric fans for the rehearsal studio... but nevertheless, i liked the location. much better than where they were intending to throw my ass downstairs.

the best thing? it came with a view! Now I am facing the magnificent manila bay, the exact sweet location where one could view the perfect sunset on a clear day. My five panels of window looks like a continuous landscape/seascape painting. on a clear day one can see the outline of the bay with correigidor on the horizon, sangley point to your left and a glimpse of Bataan farther away...

there are six partitions (rooms) the biggest of which is the "live" room of my recording studio, a big pantry, a private bathroom, the control room (engineer's booth) a small office (i haven't figured out what to do with it yet) a walk-in closet room and my main office.

the set back? well, if small things gives you the creeps, then the recent three-day storm allows you to hear weird howling sounds of the wind just outside your window. the eerie feeling that the film center is known for is not new to me. I've stayed in this building for the last seven years and I've grown attached to it. the long sofa in my office (the sofa that has served me for the last six years) is the same sofa where the caretaker of this building allegedly died in his sleep in '96 is still my favorite thinking spot.

i still miss my old office... it's actually the office that the former first lady Imelda Marcos used when she stayed in this building... i like the wood finish and the general ambiance it provided. my new office? well, it's a bit clinical... for lack of a better term. the walls are beige and dull... anyway, when i have incidental cash to spend, I'll have it renovated and interior designed to my specs... but for now... I'd just enjoy the view and listen to the howling of the winds...


the view from my window on a stormy day

my sofa

comfy

my messy desk

my thinking sofa

still the sweetest spot; recording and video editing pc
the live room of the studio

studio control room

No comments:

Almost a year :)