Tuesday, December 14, 2010

firing exercises for the stressed

I need it right now, I swear. My stress levels are off the charts and I really need to divert my attention to something else since I can't afford to play golf these days.

Shooting? Damn, it's something that I've missed and not done for quite some time. So as an old skill, it's something that I'd like to refresh in me.

With our experience at the Quirino Grandstand tragedy, tourism businesses like us must at least have remedial measures that will ensure the safety of our guests when the need arises. So a continual security forces training is being planned to comply with proper security standard both with personnel and resources.


day 01, just getting the feel once again of my trusty .45 ACP... a simple routine exercise for re-familiarization both with the weapon and the environment of a range. The long gun ban this year and my doomed passion for golf has made me lose some of the muscle memory associated with pistol firing... ten minutes later, it was back, or so I thought.



day 02, with two of our top security officers, we tested the armscor m30 shotgun issued for our security guards for reliability. Okay, it was also fun but it was rather difficult to hit something you're not aiming at. It took quite a while to get used to it since i was used to firing shotguns with butt stocks. Important was you got the feel for it and hope that the memory of the experience is retained for the next day's exercise.


day 03, okay, I think I'm back.

No comments:

Almost a year :)