Thursday, September 23, 2010

on birthdays and growing older...

Not necessarily smarter for that matter.



I went low bat on my first hour after activating my phone and it felt good. I was flooded with birthday greetings that made me feel pleasantly well that people remembered.

Last night, my former secretaries treated me with packed dinner in my office together with a low-sugar cake since I am diabetic.

When I got home last night... yes, last night and not this morning. My two sleeping kids prepared their video message for my birthday and the other Compaq has just finished rendering the video. It was a very cute video message with them singing me birthday song. I am blessed having two very caring children.

Today, as I turn towards my mid 40's, I shall look forward to the things that I can change and probably smirk at those that I cannot. As I grow older, I see myself tending to be more "fatalist" with my perception of life. I may perhaps have lost the fire that I once had as a younger man. A bit pathetic, but I am hoping that the bigger challenges ahead, specially that of the daunting task of producing a lawyer (my daughter)will once again inspire me to pursue a more substantial future hopefully armored in financial security.

Sad to say, these forties are not looking as good as I have hoped for. But I am banking on some assets that I still have... and I wish to convert them to opportunities...

No comments:

Almost a year :)