Tuesday, August 24, 2010

when it rains... it definitely pours!

I miss my blog!

If I weren't so unlucky, remarkably cursed and ultimately doomed, then I would have had the chance to blog about snippets of happy moments that I've had the last two weeks.

Mondays are typically blog days, but last week was our anniversary outing and I was decked tired to blog... yesterday, as if on cue, there was a hostage crisis involving a bus load of tourists in Manila... Now that shook me a bit to the core because this company is all about tourists.

As they say, the string of bad luck has just begun.

Highlights of my week...

--------------------------------------------------
Dolreich & Angel Tonolete's Wedding Day

where I stood as principal sponsor...

Alamat's vocalist, Dolreich and wife Angel had a great wedding ceremony with friends and family. The reception was great with live entertainment and a good crowd. The pair looked wonderfully happy and it was indeed a joyous occasion... It was great to see two people in love finally tie the knot...


with the rest of Alamat outside of the church venue


inside the church waiting to be called...


nobody wanted to pair with me so I had to walk the aisle alone


the father of the bride giving her away


the happy couple


patience is a virtue...


finally some picture taking to commemorate the occasion


... and let's go whacky!


party time...


--------------------------------------------------------------
Amazing Show 9th year company anniversary...

On our 9th year and on a precarious rock, people nevertheless enjoyed the occasion with a lot of drinking and partying. I think only a few had the chance to get some shut eye. There were minor incidents with two couples and a minor accident involving a cut chin after slipping on the tiled floor.

It was absolutely tiring and yet fun!

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!!!!


top left clockwise; bikini open contestants, cheers!, skeleton man of the night, Ichang-Lena and Oso, more cheers and Kyo


pre-departure drinking, three group pics and a few solitary moments before everyone else arrived


JR gets some shut eye, the macho guys of Amazing, a scandal in the pool, elmir with wynel, Darwin's cut chin and the boys' human pyramid


underwater shots courtesy of Jake's camera; with top left to clockwise with Nap, Jake and Dandan

--------------------------------------------------
The deal that went way too sour...


http://casieplanet.blogspot.com/2010/05/if-all-goes-well-tonight.html

The initial meeting I had in Cebu with the authorized person to sell the property went very well. We agreed on the price and all that was left was investigate the annotations on the title and to wait for the resolution of the case involving the property. Unfortunately, things went a little sour when the owner figured that he could get more than what he initially asked for leading me to make relations with him that will allow us to get the property for what we think is a reasonable price tag. He agreed in principle and gave us his word... That was before we had to go through all the tedious verification process.

I traveled to Cebu to finally clinch the deal together with our counsel and consultant and guess what...? The owner changes his mind once again but he couldn't tell me in person, so he had us fly to Cebu so that his authorized representative may tell us that he has already changed his mind! Meaning, he wanted 3.5M more than what was previously agreed upon... WTF???!!! He could have told me on the phone then I wouldn't have to spend 33K for the air tickets... It was distastefully coward of him.

But then again, I wouldn't blame him. If I was dealing with me too, I'd be too shy to turn me down for all the good relationship that I've established with him. Besides, it's business...

-------------------------------------------------
My High School friends visited me...



top left - clockwise, Dencio Mendiola, Bong Billones, group picture and Albert Austria

Dennis, Albert and HS best bud Bong comes over for a visit at my office late evening and we ended talking 'til after two. It was really good chatting with old friends again, although I knew that I would be up super early driving to Tagaytay for Mica's recollection...

-----------------------------------------------
Mica's High School class recollection


My daughter Mica is graduating next year and will be attending college next year. The school conducted a recollection both for the parents and the students. It was rather touching what she wrote me in reply to a letter I've written her before departing for Tagaytay. My daughter is indeed the best...



we took the opportunity to ride horses since we were already there...


Mica at the retreat/recollection center


my butt hurt like hell after an hour sitting on the horse's spine


sugar the horse had to go... damn, that was lot of piss


daddy and his children



it was a good day... if my driver wasn't absent, it would have been a great day... the drive home was punishing!

----------------------------------------------
The down side?...

I've not had a driver for the last week because his daughter was hospitalized, plus I had a talk with my secretary for the less than promising performance she's had over her first month and a half with me...

I miss gym...

No comments:

Almost a year :)