Friday, August 27, 2010

the BURDEN...


photography by KYO Lee

Dead End...

Dead Man Walking...

Nowhere to go but down...

These are the things that come to mind when I think about my career... or what I think of as career. If I had the sanity to do so or at least the willingness to do so, I'd be reassessing my career as to the possible paths to take so that I may re-enjoy a life of excitement, uncertainty, work and sanity. A life that would keep me on my toes and make me the wiz kid I once was.

Sad as it may sound, the partial success has not led me to happiness but rather it had made me stray of the path I wanted to accomplish. Quite recently, I was informed that my main function these days would be to lead a development team that would initiate new enterprises to enable this company to span our wings bigger and hopefully keep Amazing afloat for a longer period of time...

The effect of the information however, is something that I smirk upon these days knowing what I know and having gone through a lot of bad experiences over business development. Yes, it is so easy to point fingers and pass on the blame, plus charge my emotions to experience knowing that when things worsen, then I may have my time... once again.

When I wanted to be proactive, I indulged in making business proposals that would allow me to spin off to my interests and therefore give me the opportunity to enjoy and earn at the same time. All those things eventually led to the demise of those proposals because I got heckled in the middle of things that my intolerance got the better of me. (Wish I could spell it out but it will sound like I'm picking a fight)

So for the past months, I am working on something that I know can materialize by itself without picking on the already depleted resources of this company... and I know that it will work. I'd like to think so... But for now, everything else is a burden.

No comments:

Almost a year :)