Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ho-hum

I’ve not blogged for over a month for several reasons. One, I decided to move out of my 4th floor office and move into my “dream” office at the western side of the building where the sun sets most majestically. That was despite the Chairman’s semi-adamant “no” when I asked him.

I’ve always liked that part of the building with the view and the wall to wall glass windows and I swore that it will be my “future” office. I guess that I cannot wait anymore given the present circumstance of not knowing what the future holds for this company.

Second is the feeling that I should keep away from blogging for the meantime due to the emotional roller coaster ride I’ve been experiencing. The imminent stress due to the usual and therefore “nothing new that I’ve not written about” stuff that goes around my life, made me shy away from blogging.

It seems that I’ve gotten tired of writing about the same stuff over and over gain… and tired of the fact that there is nothing I can do about it anyway except wait. It’s the strategy that I’ve taken to liking since I gave up on a lot of things.

So what were the significant things that happened over the last month? I’d like to think that I’ve gotten better with golf, he he he... or so I think. We celebrated the 8th anniversary of the main office in Manila and the 6th anniversary of the Cebu office. I’ve had a verbal altercation with an American named Gary Ash (hole) in a Cebu Golf Club. I triple dose these days on my diabetic medication because of, as I suppose, too much stress. My Cebu counterpart is acting like a dictator on a rampage imposing semi-martial law in his kingdom. Hope for the redemption of the business is still out of sight with all these global economic hoola-ballooohhs, and virus things.

Otherwise it was an uneventful month.

No comments:

Almost a year :)