Sunday, May 17, 2009

Proud to be her father

I must admit that I was a bit regretful for giving my daughter my nickname because it has proven to be confusing. We've already decided way back that she will use her nickname "Mica" but she apparently wants part of her given name Casie Villarosa, which happens to be my name. so it does get confusing at times specially when I answer the phone. Some time back, it was easy. If it was a kid on the other line, then the call was meant for her. These days, at 14, her friends' voices are like adults so I suppose you know what that means.

If she emails me or chat me up, i see myself chatting with another casie villarosa. I am however in all honesty sincerely proud and flattered that she chose to use my name as her own because I am extremely proud of my daughter. This year, she fell off the honor's list and I said "so what?". I wasn't a good student either, I am more fond of seeing her playing the piano, the guitar and breaking silence in the house with her Jonas Brothers music and all that Hannah Montana stuff.

A couple of months ago, she said that we should sing together the Billy Ray - Miley Cyrus duet of Ready, Set, Don't Go. The song was okay for me but was not really familiar. It took me a month to appreciate it listening to it constantly in youtube. She had to teach me the chords and the timing until we were finally singing it together. So we decided to make a project out of it, and here it is...


No comments:

Almost a year :)