Monday, May 18, 2009

A New Dream

I've recently been "on tour" of some sorts looking for possibilities outside of the Manila Film Center. Business, as I suppose everyone knows, has gone sour for most. But I always say, that the best time to invest is during the "down" times, because people tend to be on their G&D (grim and determined) mode and therefore it makes them more efficient. Of course, I am in a company where most are on the "edge" but lacks the capacity to actually implement a business.

I got into a little scuffle over the same person who was to do research outside of the building to look at the possibilities... but then if you want to do it right, do it yourself. If I am at the helm then I would have hired competent people to compliment my JacK Welch beliefs. But then again, hiring is always a gamble.

Anyway, I hate the idea of a "non-thinking manager" or a worse version would be the "thinking but not doing anything manager". I do understand that everyone's morale is down at the moment, but then again, if you morale has been down more than three months then it's time for you to go home.

So after all the "outings" going to and fro from one place to another, being sorry that I have a V6 3.3 liter engine under the hood, and spending substantially for meals and beverages, I've made the assumption that staying in this building is a better option than moving out. If I could just convince the Center to cut us a litle more slack, then I think that the tides will flow with us.

For now, I've developed a dream that I really want to do in the next two months. I hated it when a bar I frequented shut down because of the bad business situtation, so now I've nowhere to go to unwind. So why not make a place in the building to do exactly that... a party place where people could hang out and chill. Go wild on the weekends and sweat it out with sonic bass tremors on the dance floor... that would be great.

Will it ever happen? Why not?


No comments:

Almost a year :)