Monday, June 4, 2007

the MARGINALS live @ mayric's

Last Monday, exactly a week ago, Tony delivered on his promise to give the VHS transfer copy of our 1994 gig at Mayric's music House and Club Dredd. I was more than happy to receive it so that I may have it digitally transferred and posted in youtube for all the band members to see and enjoy. The VHS copy was in real bad shape so I had to have it cleaned up and I had to fix the audio. Internal Dynamic Microphones on older cams I guess were very different thirteen years ago and I guess that transfer from V8 to VHS took it's toll as well as the number of playbacks of the tape.

I had fun cutting up the tracks apart. I didn't really do much on the editing side since I wanted to see how we really were those days. This first batch of clips from Mayric's sounded really bad because as I heard it from the tape, I was running a fever due to a flu that day. We played back to back with Tropical Depression that day and I guess it made me realize why we really didn't make it in the business. --- we were just not that good. But it was fun and it was a part of our history as friends.

In this video, the MARGINALS were...

Casie Villarosa -- guitars / piano / vocals

Nelius Pepito -- lead guitars

Ronnie Manansala -- bass

Ric Vera -- drums

Tony Robles -- keyboards

It's a good thing indeed that I chose not to make a career out of music. Otherwise I would have had struggled my entire life....

To the MARGINALS.... ENJOY!!!

the MARGINALS - APACHE
(cover from the ventures)


the MARGINALS - LOADS


the MARGINALS - INSECURITIES


the MARGINALS - FOOLS IN LOVE

(cover from joe jackson)


No comments:

Almost a year :)