Saturday, July 16, 2011

the circle called life

More than ten years ago, I had a boss with whom we referred to as the Lord King who was the worst of the lot of bosses I've ever worked for. His arrogance I suppose stems from his superiority complex, that no work can be done without him.

I worked my butt off for him and so did many others only to be dismayed by his meanness and lack of people skill... or maybe that was only applicable to us subordinates. I well remember my resignation letter that had "effective immediately" on it and it was one of the happiest moment of my life.

I spent the next three months in the studio writing songs for an album I'd later call "Freedom". Music they say is universal and at the time I thought that the album would be the end of it as I cruised further into my life's existence. And since music is universal, things turn around and you're back to the same state of sorry shit you were into.

The good news is... I don't have to write songs anymore for this chapter of my life. I've already written them ten or so years years ago and everything is as applicable then as it is now.



No comments:

Almost a year :)