Friday, January 8, 2010

Jack Daniel's Guitar

My long time affair with Jack Daniel's prompted me to personalize my Fender Telecaster as a tribute to the drink. Last year, I played golf with my Boss on the first day of the year and he said that if I quit drinking (Jack Daniel's)then I would save roughly Php26,000 per month. I replied, then who was going to save me?

There was a time when I filled an entire wall of my office with empty JD bottles and boxes. I had to have them thrown away and I felt rather bad about it. It was however a good thing that I thought of personalizing my black Telecaster as a tribute to JD... because it looks better and I had fun doing the project.







Special thanks to my secretary for heating up the bottle to get the label in one piece, my driver for the errands for the strap, the costume department guys who stitched up the strap, Pipeg who re-laminated the entire guitar to a soft shiny finish, my wife who got me the CAS stickers (apparently, she didn't complete the letters to my name because that was an extra Php60), BJ of JB music store in MOA for re-attaching the wiring and Santi for the pictorial.

No comments:

Almost a year :)