Monday, July 7, 2008

GEAR CRAZY!

my stress level has risen to new heights lately with both personal and family issues as well as the regular office hula-baloos. Tonight, I just wrote a five-page letter to my boss in response to a letter he has written addressed to all the managers. Of course, I'm pretty pissed off after having a meeting last night with the managers and I had to bring the feeling home...

The bright side of course is that in a stressful environment, one has to cope and as they say, get some "distraction" or simply stated... a life. These days I'm GEAR CRAZY. A friend of mine introduced me to a hobby that suits me just fine where one can manage stress by shooting at people and nursing pain afterwards. It's a hell of alot better than the usual CQB exercises where you aim at inanimate targets that don't shoot back. It also helps develop camaraderie and team play. It's airsoft. The gears, gadgets and the weapons are pretty expensive but the thrill and the adrenaline rush is worth it I hope. So the past two weeks, I've been collecting gear and enjoying it.
My wife took these photos the other day.

m4a1 carbine airsoft from vincent's hobby shop
philippine air force flight suit and field boots courtesy of my friends from the PAF
swat vest, helmet, knee pads, scarf and face mask also from Vincent's
gloves were a gift from a friend from the pnp
commissioned officer's field boots from the korean army, 2 units marui beretta 92F courtesy of
my adopted korean son fresh from military service
in the picture is my trusty .45 acp from charles daly

No comments:

Almost a year :)