Sunday, July 13, 2008

AMAZING… BORA!

The last show of Amazing Show Boracay was jam packed with Amazing Family’s friends accumulated over the last year of our stay in this beautiful island. The show of course is the same as any of the shows we’ve done for the past year since we opened a theatre here, except that it was the last…

The night started with an opening number that had the main lead teary-eyed from the introduction of the song… the feeling was both festive and heavy at the same time as I watched the performers move about on stage and the crowd of around 300 people was swooned off their feet by a most heart-felt final performance. I captured everything on my camcorder and it would be well worth watching and posting on the tube.

I understand very well the feelings of the staff, production people and performers. This island has been home for them for the last year and they have made friends from the locals and the business establishments here… I guess that was why I saw a lot of the audience members crying during the show.

Credit is very much due to the performers since they extended the show further with a very touching closing number after which photos and videos were taken with friends.

I was advised earlier by the branch manager that I would be delivering a farewell speech, but halfway through the show I realized that it would be out of context delivering a speech to people that really don’t know me that well since I’ve spent a lot of time in the island only on special occasions. On the same note, I wouldn’t really want to spoil their moment by delivering a clinical speech since I’ve already made a company call earlier… and like I’ve said at the time, I would really miss shouting at the top of my lungs… AMAZING!!??... and a resounding response of… BORA!!!!

amazing show boracay family
amazing show boracay view from craftys rooftop bar
Amazing Show Boracay - Farewell...

No comments:

Almost a year :)