Friday, June 20, 2008

what am i to do?

it's actually a funny story... i am not in a particular mood today to blog a rant... since i feel jolly today after having slept decent last night. The day before yesterday, one of our Korean managers invited me to play golf at eastridge in Binangonan and since i haven't played for a while, I gladly obliged.

To say the least, he didn't trust me to keep the time since I have always been a night person. To say the least, I didn't trust myself to keep the time since I have always made it to early morning golf games by not sleeping the night before and that meant drinking until it was time to wake up... duh?

but the golf game is not the topic of this blog. it's what came after it... we were on our way back, I was dead tired and hungry when i got a call from a branch manager asking for help.. on something that i ordered the other managers a day befiore and those managers ordered him. Of course, he has no idea that the order came from me. Funny thing is that the other managers claimed the order i suppose. last night while i was sipping beer at the coffeeshop, one of the staff approached me that she needed help for an assignment that was given to her by one of my staff... i simply told her that i asked the manager for that.

i guess that this is the crazy part of working for this company... right now, there is no one higher than i am except for the chairman... but every time i give orders and the order is delegated, it seems to always go back to me.

hahahhaa... which reminds me, this is the best story yet... two years ago i gave the chairman a call and gave information on business opportunities inside our sphere of influence...

so the chairman informed his Korean lap dog to investigate, the lap dog calls me up and says that he has "information" which he allegedly got and he asked me if i could check it out... I simply told him that I was the source.

Stupid! I think that it is the only word applicable for people like him. But then again, I would much rather laugh out loud these days because feigning intelligence is such a daunting task for morons... and their very recent demise has proven that already... LOL

No comments:

Almost a year :)