Tuesday, June 3, 2008

the tale of the terrible sportsman

someone asked me one time during a drinking session after playing golf... "casie, what's your handicap?" I actually don't have any idea what the hell a handicap meant so I just answered unsure.... "I'm stupid...?"

for most golfers, the objective was to reach the hole with a minimum number of swings. for me, the objective is always to reach the "tea house" stop alive...

i'm a terrible golfer... i'm a terrible sportsman for that matter. when i was in school, the only game i ever enjoyed was "war ball". it's a game that is endemic to my alma mater, so that meant that a kumbento boy should know this game and at the minimum play it decent. that meant, catch a few, throw a few and take a few. (the objective of the game is to literally "hurt" your opponent using a soccer ball, i think they call it dodge ball anywhere else)





golf at splendido with office mates. (from left to right, the former company president, finance officer, the former consultant, my boss and myself)

shooting? well, that one i never treated as a sport. it's more like necessity and that meant that you have to be good at it or else taking a few means you die. but of course, the discipline involved in handling a weapon is equated with how responsible one should be.


anyway, i have a co-worker that excels fairly well in almost all the sports activity he gets involved in and i envy him. wish that i'd have the time one day to just play golf, run around in a shooting courses and have fun without worrying about how much is left in my wallet at the end of the day.


our team at the company's summer games...

No comments:

Almost a year :)