Friday, February 4, 2011

Ang tatay ko... (My father)



my tatay and nanay on my wedding day



It has been sixteen years to the day when I lost the one person in my life who understands me the most. My father.

The day he was laid to rest, I kept in his room for more than a week... only trying to lock to memory that familiar scent he had reminding me of how he was while he was with me.

My father was the wisest man I know. Usually quiet and reserved but always arrogant when he talks about his son. Sometimes I'd be shy when I hear about how he exaggerates my small accomplishments, but I guess that's how fathers are.

I miss my father... I miss my TATAY! He was always there at my lowest points, and he was there to celebrate my finer points. I've been an orphan for 16 years... and I still remember every wise verse he'd said. At this lowest point, I wish he were here to say something wise... then I'd be okay.

Mahal na mahal kita, 'tay.


No comments:

Almost a year :)